Gas Safe Register is the only official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on your gas appliances including your: – Gas boiler
– Gas cooker – Gas fire
The Register is there to help protect you from unsafe gas work. You might remember it used to be known as CORGI.
When you have your gas appliances fitted, fixed or serviced, always use a gas engineer who is on the Gas Safe Register. Don’t forget – get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year. Annual servicing not only helps keep your heating and hot water working properly, it helps keep you safe.
How do I find a Gas Safe registered engineer?
Gas Safe Register can help you find a local Gas Safe registered engineer and tell you if they’re qualified for the type of work you need them to do.
– Call the free Gas Safe Register helpline on 0800 408 5500. – Find a Gas Safe registered business online by entering your postcode into the ‘postcode’ panel on the right of this page.
Ask for the Gas Safe ID card
All Gas Safe registered engineers carry an ID card to show you they are Gas Safe registered when they turn up at your door – if they don’t show you then don’t be afraid to ask to see it.
All gas work is different and the back of the ID card tells you if they’re qualified for the specific job you need them to do. View our video to see what you need to check on the Gas Safe ID card.
Remember these gas safety tips
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your gas appliances.
- You can find or check a Gas Safe registered engineer by calling 0800 408 5500.
- Always check your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card.
- Get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year.
- The poisonous gas carbon monoxide cannot be seen or smelt. Fit a carbon monoxide alarm to alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
- If you smell gas or think there might be a gas leak, turn off the gas at the meter, put out naked flames, open windows and immediately call the gas emergency number on 0800 111 999.
- Regency Kitchens is not responsible for any gas fitting duties, and it is our customers duty to check for gas safety validation.
Gas Safe Register